abraham_message.jpg

The believers who live on the ‘finished’ foundation (John 19:30)

Jesus' sixth statement on the cross was "It is finished".

Here, the verb "telo" (τελέω) means that something is not just partially done, but completely done. In the Bible, Jesus came to the earth and accomplished the Word of God through the redemption ministry of the Cross (Acts 13:29). Man cannot accomplish all of his plans; only God can achieve 100%. God achieves all that He has planned for us. Job realized this and confessed “He performs what is appointed for me” (Job 23:14).

My wish is desire, and God’s wish is a vision.

Vision and desire significantly differ. Desire is the product of my lust, but vision is the gift of the Holy Spirit. Desire is the fulfillment of personal ambition, but vision is a dream to benefit communities, nations, neighbors, and people; thereby providing joy to many believers of the church of God. Desire is just a goal to succeed, but vision is to realize one's great character in faith. Desire is mere accomplishment of ambition, but vision fulfills mission.

Desire ends with death, but vision completes death. So Jesus declared on the cross, "It is finished (John 19:30)” and said "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke23:46).” This shows that the confession of "finished" is only possible in the grace of God.

As we should build a house on solid ground, all of us who believe in Jesus Christ should live on the foundation of "finished". Only by the grace of God can we stand on this ground in faith. There is nothing impossible on the ground that is “finished.” I thank you all, and I hope you will live a life of glorifying God on the place where Jesus has accomplished.

Excerpt from the sermon of Rev. Abraham Park

1. No Articles
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next
/ 19