abraham_message.jpg

Faith of Crossing the River 1 (Joshua 3: 5)

Crossing a river in the Bible does not simply means physical movement, but the beginning of a new life and transition of a life style. Therefore, crossing the river requires the act of faith.

In the case of Jacob, there was a struggle of prayer when crossing the Jabbok River. In his heartbreaking prayer, with the spirit of solitude, that he would not give up until he was answered, Jacob then crossed the Jabbok over the pain of his dislocated thigh socket. Jacob’s prayer teaches us that we must pray until the answer is received.

When Moses crossed the Red Sea, he did not cross with his own power and ability. He pushed out the “staff of God” (Ex 4:20) that he had in his hand toward the Red Sea. As a tool of God's power, the staff enabled the Exodus. Moses was in the midst of a crisis, stuck between the Red Sea and the army of Pharaoh, but overcame it with the staff of God and crossed through the dry land of the Red Sea.

After his journey to the wilderness, Joshua had to cross the Jordan River right before entering the land of Canaan. Joshua's faith across the Jordan River was "holiness.” "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you” (Joshua 3: 5). When the Israelites cleansed their hearts and minds, God stopped the rapid stream of the Jordan and safely lead them over into the Promised Land.

We can be a true Hebrew with faith by praying like Jacob, having faith in God's power like Moses, and sanctifying oneself like Joshua.

Excerpt from the sermon of Rev. Abraham Park

1. [Read] Daily Meditation - Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; For length of ...

2. [Read] Seven Horns and Seven Eyes (Rev 5:1-6) Seven Horns and Seven Eyes (Rev 5:1-6) ​ In verse 6 of the scripture reading, it tells us ...

3. [Read] Daily Meditation - Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. (Isaiah 55:6, NASB)

4. [Read] Faith of Crossing the River 2 (Jer 31:12) ​Faith of Crossing the River 2 (Jer 31:12) We are in the midst of a river of sinful wrath....

5. [Read] Daily Meditation - 1 Corinthians 10:13 ​ No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who w...

6. [Read] Son of Man has No Place to Lay His Head (Gen 28:10-22, Mt 8... Son of Man has No Place to Lay His Head (Gen 28:10-22, Mt 8:20) Today’s scripture te...

7. [Read] Daily Meditation - 1 John 4:16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the ...

8. [Read] Faith of Crossing the River 1 (Joshua 3: 5) Faith of Crossing the River 1 (Joshua 3: 5) Crossing a river in the Bible does not simply ...

9. [Read] Daily Meditation - Proverbs 28:13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, But he who confesses and forsakes the...

10. [Read] The God of the Hebrews (Genesis 14:13) The God of the Hebrews (Genesis 14:13) All redemptive history in the Bible was centered ar...

11. [Read] Daily Meditation - Psalms 28:7 ​ The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefor...

12. [Read] Giving Thanks for the Feast of Harvest and the Hidden Secre... Giving Thanks for the Feast of Harvest and the Hidden Secrets (Exodus 23:14-17) ​The churc...

Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next
/ 19