Our Stories

The History of Redemption series is a result of world-class research in biblical theology

Trinity Theological College and Seminary, US, awarded an honorary ph.D.(Doctor of Philosophy) in Biblical Theology to Rev.Abraham Park.

f4wDxMRMwl371LJ.jpg

On October 15, 2011, the History of Redemption series seminar was held at the Crystal Cathedral, the world renowned mega-church in California. great number of people with various ethnic backgrounds from Caucasian, African-American, Chinese, Hispanic, not to mention Korean, filled the venue. The keynote speaker was Rev. Abraham Park, the very author of the History of Redemption series. Among the audience were professors from the Trinity Theological College and Seminary, located in Florida. They had heard of the author through the grapevine, but they were only wondering what type of speech this Asian minister would deliver. 

GFU2qBWEsCVI8E5Mdm331p2qKMakgFe.jpg

When the seminar was over, the professors could not help but express their amazement. They read through all four books of the English version of the History of Redemption series. Then, they unanimously agreed to move forward to award an honorary Ph.D. in Biblical Theology to Rev. Abraham Park. Meetings of professors and board of directors were held one after another, and the decision was quickly made. The professors who attended the seminar testified, "We have felt that the '100-year-old prophecy' by Rev. William Seymour, who led the Azusa Revival 100 years ago was fulfilled," and persuaded their fellow professors.
The Azusa Street Revival is a movement that started with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Azusa Street in Los Angeles, from 1906-1910 and triggered an unprecedented revival worldwide. The congregation eye-witnessed the flames and clouds of the Holy Spirit, and the sick were healed immediately. This movement influenced the Pyeongyang Great Revival of 1907 in Chosun, on the opposite side of the globe. The Life magazine, US, has once chosen it as one of the top 100 events that had the greatest impact on mankind during the last 2,000 years. Rev. William Seymour, who led this movement, has once prophesied that there would be an outpouring of God's Spirit and His Shekinah glory greater and more far-reaching than what was experienced at Azusa within 100 years and that it will cover the entire world.
The Honorary Doctorate Presentation Ceremony for Rev. Abraham Park was held at
Pyungkang Cheil Church on November 20, Thanksgiving Lord’s Day. The Trinity Theological College and Seminary was founded in 1981. Currently, the president is Dr. Charles Williams. It is recognized as one of the birthplaces of conservative theology.
Dr. Paul Han (Academic Dean of Trinity Theological College and Seminary), a Korean descendant, who visited Korea to award the degree in the ceremony said, "The professors reviewed the four books of the History of Redemption series for two weeks and unanimously reached a conclusion that these books are the best of the best in Biblical theology; they organize the Holy Bible in the most systematic way. During the 
evaluation we believed these books are the world's best Biblical theological research, which clearly reveals the mysterious and redemptive providence of God. Afterwards, the decision was made to award the Ph.D. to Rev. Abraham Park. I have read many theological books, visited countless number of libraries until now. But when I read the History of Redemption Series, I could not calm my excitement. I am confident that these books will become eternal masterpieces and classics, even better than The Institutes of the Christian Religion of John Calvin, which is one of the three masterpieces in the history of Christianity."
Upon receiving the degree, Rev. Abraham Park said, "I recall the verse, ‘But by the grace of God I am what I am.’ Today's heroes who deserve this degree are all of my fellow ministers including the head pastor, the 
enitre congregation, and even the children in the Sunday School. They have toiled with sweat and devoted themselves to spreading the Gospel. For the rest of my life, whether I live or die, I will live single-mindedly for the will of God and make strenuous efforts with the spirit of martyrdom to complete the History of Redemption series.”
"For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isaiah 11:9).

Reported by Jun-Soek Ho

1. No Articles
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
/ 6