Our Stories

It felt as if the “little book” in the Book of Revelation were opened to me

Visitors from mainland China

At the 1st Biblical History of Redemption Seminar on March 19 were 7 guests from Dong Men(東門) Church and Huang Tang(黃塘) Evangelical Church in Meizhou, Guangdong province, and Cheng Zhen (城鎭) Church in nearby city, Xingning. They are neighboring churches to the Spring of the Water of Life(生命泉) Church, which Elder Ted Sioeng from Indonesia established in his late father's hometown. These “native” Chinese saints were born, raised, and came to know of God in China. All of them were visiting Korea and Pyungkang Cheil Church for the first time. They were introduced to the History of Re-demption series and its author, Rev. Abraham Park, by Elder Sioeng. The city of Meizhou has a population of 5 million with 130 churches; the Christian population is about 60,000. They each shared with us their first impressions of their visit.
* Meizhou City is located in northest Guangdong Province. Meizhou is honored with the titles of Hometown of Culture and Hometown of the Overseas Hakka Chinese [Wikipedia].

Zhong Sichu (鍾思春 · Huangtang Evangelical Church)
I really appreciate all the welcoming in love. I've been to other countries but I am most impressed with the leadership and ministry I have seen here. I could feel the fervor from the congregation as well. I have not yet had the chance to read The History of Redemption series, but I will boldly bring them back with me to China and try to teach them there. These books are a very precious, valuable treasure. I could feel its worth just from listening to the translation. I studied theology, but I was amazed by the pastor's flawless exposition of the genealogies, which many other scholars would skim over only briefly. I now realize the importance of the genealogies from Abraham to Jesus. I will recommend these books to the Religious Affairs Bureau in China and Lianghui (兩會). Then the books can be spread throughout the entire region of China. It's quite regrettable that only the first two books have been translated into Chinese. I would like to bring in as much as possible. 
* Lianghui : When referring to politics of the people's Republic of China, “national lianghui” refers to annual plenary sessions of the two organizations that make national-level politi-cal decisions : the National People's Congress 〔NPC〕 and the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference 〔CPPCC〕[Wikipedia].

27_해당사진.jpgDong Xianguang (董顯光 · Pastor of Cheng-zhen Church, Xiangning)
I received such a clear explanation about the history of redemption. It is my first time hear-ing such a message, and I heard this at Pyung-kang Cheil Church. I believe that this is the fruition of Rev. Abraham Park's meticulously researched work. I now clearly understand the purpose and intention of the Bible, such as the transmission of faith. This was all by God the Father's guidance! I look forward to many more mutual exchanges in the future.

Chen Lie (陳利娥 · Female pastor of Dongmen Church)
I was very touched by the orderliness of the events and member's willing hearts of the servi-tude. I witnessed I witnessed how the praise before worship moved the hearts of the worshippers and brought forth the grace of God. I saw the prevailing power of the Word and in Pyugkang Cheil Church. I also believe that there will be a great revival in China. I witnessed many things that I must learn from.

Wang Qing (王慶 · Dongmen Church)
It felt like I was at a university. It was as if I came to a university where I could meet God. All the pastors seemed like expert scholars of the Bible. I was so shocked at how intently the congregation took notes and focused on the message. All the facilities were impressive too. I want to study diligently the Word of redemptive history when I return home. I am very thankful that everyone who met us welcomed us so warmly.

(Wang is a third generation Christian. His younger brother is the pastor at Dongmen Church. Around the time when China became communized, crowds of people went to his grandfather and threatened that they would same him only if he confessed that God does not exist. But his grandfather replied, “God exists,” and he was beaten so hard that his leg broke. Wang works in building a liaison between churches and the Religious Affairs Bureau.)

Liu Yinghui (劉潁輝 · Dongmen Church)
I cried during the worship praises. I envied the orchestra at he worship service so much. Although it was a short time, I gained such spiritual insight into the Word of redemptive history that had been so condensed that it felt as if the “little book” in the Book of Revela-tion were opened to me. I could also feel such intimacy between the saints and God. I can now see that knowing God clearly leads to an intimate relationship with Him. I really hope to continue to keep in touch and have more exchange programs between our churches.
(Liu is a music teacher at the School of Professional Art and serves as a pianist at her church.)

Deng Shichng (鄧仕嫦 · Evangelist of Chenzhen Church, Xingning, and wife of Pastor Dong Xianguang)
I have never attended a seminar like this one. I was mostly amazed at the way the ministers and saints served the church. They served exactly as commanded and written in the Bible; all their actions stemmed from their faith. I am quite certain that this church will prevail and grow. I was impressed to see how even the elders and other men put aside male chau-vinism (a widely accepted trait in Asian countries) to serve with all their heart. Their faith, love and hope were evident in their faces. I am ever so thankful.

Luo Weitan (羅偉錟 · Spring of the Water of Life Church)
I am getting to know God at this point. I was shocked enough to see the faith life of the people at Meixien Church, but I was even more shocked when I saw the congregation at Pyungkang Cheil Church.
(He is a staff member at Elder Sioeng's company. Everyone said that he is the “most blessed” to be visiting Pyungkang Cheil Church when he has just begun his life in faith.)

All these guests from China ezpressed their disappointment of not being able to return for the next seminar, for “next time will be someone else's turn to come.”

By the True Peace Reporting Team

1. [Special] Following the Footste... Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation Following the Footsteps of...

2. [Interview] The Impossible Drea... In 1958, founding pastor Rev. Abraham Park received his calling into ministry. At the star...

3. [Seminar] 2017 SUMMER CONFERENC... 2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE Yeoju is the “source of water” for the History of Redemp...

4. [Seminar] Re:2017 NY Conference... Amidst the burning prayers of churches worldwide, the first HORA* Conference was held at N...

5. [Seminar] The Seeds of the Wo... The Seeds of the Word That God Has Already Sown in Southeast Asia Based on Singapore Semin...

6. [Interview] The love of his lif... (continued) Do you think you got your daughters in law well? Of course. I couldn’t pi...

7. [Interview] The love of his lif... "The love of his life was only the Bible and his saints" Mrs. Kap Sik Min, wife of Rev. Ab...

8. [Interview] “I realized that al... “I realized that all the genealogies in the Bible were about our own story.” De...

9. [Interview] It felt as if the “... It felt as if the “little book” in the Book of Revelation were opened to me Vis...

10. [Interview] The Power of the Wo... The Power of the Word of Redemptive History Huh, Myung-chul Being born in China, I was educ...

11. [Interview] Why the Ten Command... ​The Ten Commandments are a summary and the essence (精髓) of the Old and New Testaments. ...

12. [News] Bringing Word of the His... Bringing Word of the History of Redemption Series to the Leaders of Indonesia On May 16th t...

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
/ 7