Our Stories

“The Door to North Korea Will Soon Open. Pyungkang Cheil Church Will Enter at the Forefront.”

Rev. Bob Rodgers (Senior Pastor Evangel World Prayer Center in US)

hGjIT9OFXW8U9SWUg71NQtdwsQ2LI.jpg

hCX9kiSof2i.jpg

Pastor Waymon L. Rodgers who was ministering a small sized church in Kentucky thought, “In order to do God’s work, I will need money but how can I obtain it? Sharing the Word of God with a millionaire and him giving his tithe offering to the church will be the way.” And then he prayed accordingly. Several months later, a man in white attire and a bow tie entered through the church entrance. The man was Harland Sanders, he called Pastor Waymon Rodgers and said, “Please stop by as I need to give my tithe offering.” The check that he handed over to the pastor in his office amounted to $250,000,000.

Having witnessed the miracle of prayer, his son Dr. Bob Rodgers also became a pastor. In the beginning, he too, like his father, ministered in hardship to the point of going without regular meals. What God taught him was not a evangelize a millionaire but to pray with fasting, Presently, he is the pastor of Evangel I World Prayer Center, a non-denominational church in Louisville, Kentucky, with 10,000 congregational members and serves as the president of Church Growth International leading thousands of member pastors within the states. Since its foundation in 1988, he is the head of ‘Lord’s kitchen,’ providing 6,000,000 meals yearly for those who are without food. He also runs 6 TV broadcasting companies in the states of Kentucky and Louisiana, as well as in Bethlehem, Israel, along with 4 radio stations and 3 Bible publishing companies.

While visiting Korea for the work of Church Growth International, he came to Pyungkang Cheil Church on October 13th (Lord's Day) and Preached a sermon entitled “Prayer and Supplication” (Philippians 4:6-7). What he cried out to the congregational members of Pyungkang Cheil Church was astounding.

“Before I came to this church, I prated with fasting for three days. The following morning, God spoke to me regarding this church. I heard Him say, ‘I have heard the people of South Korea pray their fellow countrymen in the North. And it is time to answer their prayers. The door to North Korea pray for their fellow countrymen in the North. And it is time to answer their prayers. The door to North Korea will soon open and there will be a work of revival in the north. This revival in the north. This revival will take place through Pyungkang Cheil Church. The one who will lead the revival will be the senior pastor of Pyungkang Cheil Church. This church will build churches. schools and hospitals in North Korea. To make it happen, there is need for money so I will bless them greatly. I will bless the businessmen of this church.’”

The church members could not help but be surprised at such a concrete and vivid prophey from an American pastor who had no ties or relations whatsoever with Pyungkang Cheil Church. After the Sun-day worship service, I met him.
I only shared what God had shown me. God knows a whole lot more about this church than I do.

LZHGtQ6ul34WgRvxGRFr6fNTzDbp3.jpg

You said that ‘you heard God speak to you regarding this church.’ How did you hear Him and in what manner?

I saw what God showed me. After my three-day fast with prayer, God answered by showing me that the North Korean regime had completely fallen and North and South Korea had been reunited. Again this morning after prayer, God showed me another vision. It was a vision of the handing over of the North Korean government. A Lump of iron fell upon Kim Jong-eun and he was unable to do anything.

Do you receive this kind of revelation about a particular church from time to time?

I do not often pray with fasting regarding Korea. However, this time I happened to come to Korea and wished great things to happen in Korea so I fasted and prayed and as a result, I received the answer. Whenever you pray with fasting, God answers and makes things happen for sure. Whether it be problems in the family or material needs, God does help if you pray with fasting.

There are many churches in Korea but why is the Pyungkang Cheil Church in particular who will do such work?

There are many churches in the world. However, not all the churches have world vision. Also there are a lot of churches in Korea but not all the churches have the ability to evangelize to North Korea. This church does have world vision and has a powerful leader. Today when I came to this church, I newly found out that his (Senior Pastor Dr. Abraham Park) home is in North Korea. I believe that is why he has more special love and passion toward North Korea. The door to North Korea will open up and then this church will lead in the missionary work in North Korea.

You came to this church for the very first time, so how are you are able to make assessments of the visions and abilities of the church and its leader right away?

(His answer to this question was short and decisive.) I only shared what God had shown me. That's all. God knows a whole lot more about this church than I do. Furthermore, I am certain that the words I spoke to all of you today are the answers that you have already received from God. I only came to reconfirmed it.

What do you think of Senior Pastor Dr. Abraham Park meeting him in person?

I think he is a very extraordinary man. He is man of great vision and a man of dream. He is a man of passion to do God's great works. He has world vision. He realizes he must work for the world beyond Korea.
Currently Korea is a wealthy country. A country that spreads the Word of God does prosper. To do God's work, a lot of money is needed. During the worship service, the senior pastor spoke about Harland Sanders giving an offering of tithe and receiving blessings of a thousand fold, ten thousand fold. As I heard him speaking about 'blessings by thousands and by tens of thousands' referring to Psalm 144:13, I felt that he was speaking out of great faith. He is an amazing man of faith. If money is needed, he speaks with surety that God will send money. His vision is not limited by what he sees with his eyes.

How do you feel after worshiping in Pyungkang Cheil Church?

From all the churches I have seen in the world, it is one of the most beautiful and powerful churches. I have never seen a church like this either in America nor anywhere else in the world. It is my first experience of witnessing a church with such pastoral concept and model. I thought the was the main sanctuary and other sanctuaries were all connected through multimedia system was quite impressive and very effective. Oh, and of course I must not forget to mention the Sunday school

Hundreds of thousands of prayers have been offered up for the reunification of north and south Korea. The answer to these prayers is close at hand.

4v9Wmkb7PUJX.jpg

children. Even if one is not interested attending church, to worship or to hear the choir sing, if he or she heard the praises the children of this church sang today, he/she would not help but want their children to grow up in this church. The Sunday school program looks vert strong here.
How did you like listening to the children praising in Hebrew?

The children were much better in Hebrew than me. (Laughter) It was wonderful.

During your sermon, you said that "The Republic of Korea and the Untied States must join in spiritual alliance, and our prayers and needed for America." Please explain to us a little further.

Korea is now the father of the prayer movement in the world. There are 200 prayer centers and 250,000 believers pray every Friday night. Amongst 20 of the biggest churches in the world, 8 of them are there in Korea, and how is that possible? It is because Korea is the place for prayer. God said in the Bible that He will collect prayers filled in bowls and when the time comes He will open and answer. Hundreds of thousands of prayers have been offered up for the reunification of Korea. God has revealed to me that it will happen in the next couple of years.

For missionary work in North Korea, you mentioned that many with wealthy people will come and make offerings to this church by referring to Psalm 84:11 and Psalm 85:12. Can you please elaborate?

The verses are God's answers to prayers for businessman here in this church. Tithes are only enough to help operate and minister the church but not enough to do greater works. Therefore, the believers must become blessed with wealth and make greater offerings in order for the church to go on to the next step for greater missionary work. For this, God's answer was given regarding businessmen. Harland Sanders received this kind of blessing and when he gave his offering, which was when the church was able to do God's greater work. I once worked under him. He used to joke by saying "If people like me who only graduated form middle school don't own businesses, then people like you with college degrees would have no jobs."

RdnR4gCji6JpuRiiI5loo2ffcVN3Y1.jpg

During you sermon, you emphasized on prayer with fasting. You pointed out that highest level of ‘supplication’ is 'prayer with fasting' and while fasting, God's mercy is experienced. I have heard that you have prayed with fasting for 50 to 150 days every year for the last 30 years. I (the reporter) once attempted a 3-day fast with prayer but after a day, it was too difficult to go on so I gave up. Please giving some advice to the believers who wish to pray with fasting.

After a day of fasting, what happens?

The body energy depletes and it feels like you will dehydrate.

And that is the sign telling you that fasting is working. Toxic materials kept in our body are passing out form our body. At that time, our body is in pain and gives off offensive odor. However, after 3 days all the offensive odor has come out of our body. I prayed with fasting for 40 days, 10 times. People think that out of the 40 days, the last day would be the hardest to endure. That is not so. The third hardest day is the third day. As days go by, it becomes easier. Drinking a lot of water helps. Drinking 3 liters of water each day helps all the toxins in our body to pass out and our body becomes healthier.

It is possible to pray with fasting while living our daily lives?

It is 100% possible. It becomes even easier of you are fasting with someone else.

Lastly, do you have anything to say to the believers of Pyungkang Cheil Church?

I think that all of you, the believers in this church, are very happy people. You are God's blessed ones.

RdnR4gCji6JpuRiiI5loo2ffcVN3Y (1).jpg

Reporter Ho, Joon-Seok

1. [Special] Following the Footste... Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation Following the Footsteps of...

2. [Interview] The Impossible Drea... In 1958, founding pastor Rev. Abraham Park received his calling into ministry. At the star...

3. [Seminar] 2017 SUMMER CONFERENC... 2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE Yeoju is the “source of water” for the History of Redemp...

4. [Seminar] Re:2017 NY Conference... Amidst the burning prayers of churches worldwide, the first HORA* Conference was held at N...

5. [Seminar] The Seeds of the Wo... The Seeds of the Word That God Has Already Sown in Southeast Asia Based on Singapore Semin...

6. [Interview] The love of his lif... (continued) Do you think you got your daughters in law well? Of course. I couldn’t pi...

7. [Interview] The love of his lif... "The love of his life was only the Bible and his saints" Mrs. Kap Sik Min, wife of Rev. Ab...

8. [Interview] “I realized that al... “I realized that all the genealogies in the Bible were about our own story.” De...

9. [Interview] It felt as if the “... It felt as if the “little book” in the Book of Revelation were opened to me Vis...

10. [Interview] The Power of the Wo... The Power of the Word of Redemptive History Huh, Myung-chul Being born in China, I was educ...

11. [Interview] Why the Ten Command... ​The Ten Commandments are a summary and the essence (精髓) of the Old and New Testaments. ...

12. [News] Bringing Word of the His... Bringing Word of the History of Redemption Series to the Leaders of Indonesia On May 16th t...

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
/ 7