Our Stories

The Book of Acts Has Begun Online
Online History of Redemption Seminar
sponsored by HORA Ministries

On Saturday, September 5th, the worldwide history of redemption seminar was broadcast live through ZOOM (video conferencing app). The seminar was sponsored by HORA (The History of Redemption for All Nations) and hosted by Zion Church in Singapore (Senior Pastor Rev. Samuel Kim). This online seminar’s main participants were the attendees from over 1,000 previous seminars, workshops, and PROCLAIM (Global Conference for Preachers of Redemptive History, hosted by Pyungkang Cheil Church). Those who were saddened by the cancelation of the global ministers’ seminar in May due to the COVID-19 pandemic all gathered after hearing the news about this online seminar. There were 340 people who pre-registered, but the actual number of real-time participants grew to 416.

400 people from 13 nations joined real-time with simultanoeus interpretations into 8 different languages

The lectures were interpreted in 8 different languages over the live broadcast with representation from 13 different countries (Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Turkey, USA, China, and Korea). The original plan was to provide interpretations only for the great contingent of Chinese and Indonesian participants. However, as the number of participants increased, interpretations expanded to Thai, Sri Lankan, Nepalese, Tamil (southern India), and Burmese. To have these many simultaneous interpretations would have been impossible for an on-site seminar; this was possible only because it was online. Rev. Andrew Pak (Senior Pastor, New York Evergreen Church) and Missionary Joanna Pae (Lead Evangelist, Shiloh International Missions, Pyungkang Cheil Church) taught lectures on redemptive history for an hour each. It was certainly less burdensome for the lecturers as they did not have to take flights to a particular location. Various churches in southeast Asia also collaborated and sent a video for the offering song. The staffs who received the videos said, “We were moved every time a video was sent in even by areas where the internet is poor.” Indeed, the collaborative video praise “How great Thou art” was a great highlight of this seminar.

Online made more things possible

Although every country has a different internet speed and app proficiency, this seminar opened the door for the history of redemption seminars that seemed to have halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the survey, a significant number of participants requested many more regular seminars. The seminar prep team said, “We worked very hard to prepare this seminar, but we realized that their yearning for the Word was much greater.” After this seminar, the New York Evergreen Church also hosted ZOOM seminars in Colombia and Europe. HORA Ministries focuses on developing continual relationships with the attendees to help them continue their studies on the Word. They are also considering having smaller ZOOM meetings for Bible academies and study sessions.

They’ve become the online hub of missions’ work

The Zion Church in Singapore that oversaw this seminar in one fell swoop became the online hub of missions’ work. Rev. Samuel Kim said, “Our church did not have a homepage or a YouTube channel, but from the dedication service last year until January this year, we were busy purchasing broadcast equipment and developing our website. That is precisely when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. What would have taken 2-3 years to prepare for online missions’ work was completed in 2-3 months due to the current circumstances. Our members grew into broadcast professionals through this seminar.” Of course, the online format is no substitute for an on-site seminar. Rev. Kim emphasized, “As the online means continue to develop, both the online and on-site formats will go hand in hand. But no matter how convenient the online format might be, its dynamic differs greatly from meeting people in person. There is no substitute for physically gathering together to have fellowship and share the blessings of the Word.”

Let’s open the way for the spreading of the Word with unison prayer

Rev. Samuel Kim said, “Pyungkang Cheil Church is the spiritual firstborn in spreading the Word of redemptive history to all nations. It really is very encouraging to know that the saints are offering up prayers for the world. Our strength to work comes from the Word and prayers from the home church. The saints’ continuous prayer for the overseas ministers and churches is the driving force behind spreading the Word of redemptive history to all nations. They are the greatest encouragement that money cannot buy.”

“It made me feel confident about my calling”
Pastor Jagath Dharmasiri (Dean of the Student and Old Testament Lecture, Lanka Bible College and Seminary)

Over the years we have been able to participate and be blessed from various HORA seminars. Thank you to all who planned to give us those spiritual blessings without forgetting us in these times of pandemic! Because of COVID-19, I felt like my ministry and personal life were both stuck. However, the seminar on September 5th gave me new impetus. It made me feel confident about my calling. I felt that I was not alone. It makes me very proud. Many leaders from Sri Lanka were blessed by this conference. They appreciated hearing the lessons in their own language. I thank everyone in Zion Church in Singapore for inviting us to this conference.

“It enriched us remarkably”
Zhau Sanchu (Dean of Nagaland Theological Seminary, India)

Attending the HORA Ministries’s online serminar on September 5th, 2020, and moreover, getting an opportunity to participate in the offering song with my family was indeed a big blessing. Along with a few of my students and some church members, we were part of the seminar and enriched us remarkably. We look forward to more of such seminars. I thank God for HORA Ministries and pray that the goal to teach the Bible to the ends of the earth will be much more effective than their successful yesterdays’.

Watch the lectures and collaborative video praise at HORA Ministries YouTube channel.

Article written by Joyce Kang
Translated by David Kim

*This post can also be read in 'Champyungan'. (http://champyungan.com/en/)

1. Lent and the Number 40 in the B... Lent and the Number 40 in the Bible This year, Lent runs from February 14 (Wed) to March 3...

2. New Year’s Service God’s Wish f... New Year’s Service God’s Wish for the Twenty-First Century Joshua 1:1-9; 1 Tim...

3. The Attitude of Saints Living i... The Attitude of Saints Living in the Last Days 2 Peter 2:5-9, Jude 1:14-15 The life of the...

4. Amazing news from HORA Ministries Amazing news from HORA Ministries “Every month, 150,000 people gather in their respe...

5. Enoch Who Received the Evidenc... Enoch Who Received the Evidence of Faith by Walking with God Genesis 5:21-24; Jude 1:14-15;...

6. There Was Silence in Heaven for... There Was Silence in Heaven for About Half an Hour Revelation 8:1-5 When the Lamb broke the...

7. Take Courage, It Is I, Do Not B... Take Courage, It Is I, Do Not Be Afraid Matthew 14:22-32 The first day of January 2004 seem...

8. Let’s Receive the Gift Called “... Let’s Receive the Gift Called “Today” Luke 23:39-43 Jesus said to Zaccheu...

9. The Day of Suffering The Day of Suffering Matthew 27:1-31 Before the day of suffering, Jesus went to the Garden ...

10. A Thousand-fold Blessing A Thousand-fold Blessing Deuteronomy 1:1-11 God desired to bless the nation of Israel (Num ...

11. During the Stay in the Ark (The... During the Stay in the Ark (The Calendar as Seen in the Timeline of the Flood) Genesis 7:6-...

12. A Life That Goes Forth (Matthew... A Life That Goes Forth Matthew 8:18-22; Joshua 3:1-13 The old year of 1991 has forever pass...

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
/ 6